Moving can be very overwhelming that sometimes, people miss things they ought not to forget. Moving is as important, and as demanding, as buying and selling. That is why making a checklist can be very helpful.
Image Source: CampingChecklist.org
Listed below is a comprehensive checklist of the things that you must remember and consider when you move into a new home.
- Keep the documents or renting deal in a safe place.
- Check your things. Separate those you will bring and those you will not. Don’t bring if you will not use it.
- Use boxes to pack your goods and supplies.
- Label the boxes accordingly. Much prepared if you write them in big bold letters for easy identification.
- Make an inventory of your things.
- Check the fragile things that need packing.
- Opt for a moving company if you like.
- Get the estimated moving cost from different moving companies and compare them.
- Read reviews of these companies and decide for yourself.
- Set the moving budget.
- Choose the moving company.
- Choose quality over quantity when it comes to these companies.
- Gather moving supplies to eliminate packing supply cost from these movers.
- Choose a place to store your packed supplies.
- Check the moving company if they have any items they can’t transport.
- Check the papers of your pets you will bring when you move.
- Instead of buying too much foods, eat what else is left and buy new goods in your new house.
- Arrange papers and accounts that deal with your new address change.
- Prepare a cleaning supply to clean your will-be-old house.
- Withdraw money before your transport.
- Prepare refreshments on moving day.
- Review the bill of lading.
- Compile all important documents and papers for references. Keep them in a safe place.
- Keep the numbers of the drivers and moving company to track your deliveries.
- Prepare the essentials for the first week of your stay in your new house.
- Check your old house to make sure you didn’t left behind something.
Keeping a checklist won’t hurt. This will actually be helpful to you. Happy moving!
Latest posts by jaedhie (see all)
- Tips for Relocating — Whatever Your Reason May Be - June 11, 2012
- SpareFoot Team and Penske Truck Rental Join Hands This Moving Season - May 29, 2012
- How to Pack Books When Moving - May 21, 2012