Struggling to figure out what to do with your prized possessions? In majority of cases, moving means throwing away stuff that has means a lot to you. But if you don’t want to throw away stuff that meant a lot to you over the years, self-storage is an option. They provide lockable units where you can store everything from office supplies, personal knick-knacks, to boats and motorcycles.
There are many companies that offer self-storage services these days. Here are some factors you need to consider:
- Pricing – look into the space, features, and convenience being offered for the price. Strive to get the best value for your money.
- Ground access – if you are storing a lot of heavy items, it is important to have ground-level access. That way, you can drive up and load and unload. In urban areas though, there are an increasing number of storage companies that use multi-story buildings. Determine whether they have a freight elevator to make access easier for you.
- Moving truck availability – a number of storage facilities now offer moving vans and trucks for rent. Some may even lend you the truck for free.
- Climate control – self-storage companies now offer climate-controlled units for customers who want to protect their items against the elements. It guards against extreme temperatures so items like electronics and photographs will be maintained in good condition.
- Security – this is an important factor in self-storage. After all, you will be leaving important items on a third party site. Check the security features offered by the firm. These can include high-tech locks, alarms systems, CCTV, and security guards.
Be sure to choose a provider that can safeguard the safety and condition of your items. Here at MovingQuotes.org, we have a database of self-storage companies that provide a high-level of service to customers. Ask for a quote today. Getting a unit at a self-storage facility offers a variety of benefits on your move. It eliminates some of the stress and hassles associated with moving across borders.