There are a lot of things involved in moving, right from packing, organizing it, loading, unloading and supervising the move itself. This is a very crucial time when you should not only take care of your stuff but yourself too. As you need to bend up and down so many times, there are chances of injuries. So, the best thing you can do is to be prepared for any such situation. Here we some amazing tips that will help you avoid any injuries while lifting stuff.
- Always keep the object you are lifting close to your body as this will prevent additional burden on your body.
- While lifting an object, keep your figure straight and don’t twist yourself.
- Keep your legs apart so it puts equal weight on both legs and balance your body.
- Bend at your knees instead of waist as this will prevent the chances of muscle stretch.
- Before using your back, make a good grip and lift the object with legs.
- Don’t lift stuff from slippery area. Put everything on a rough area and use the space for lifting.
- Do not lift anything with a jerk and handle everything smoothly. If it’s too heavy to be handled alone, take help of a friend or a family member.
- It’s always better to push a heavy object instead of pulling it as it reduces the chances of getting foot injury.
While these are some tips to avoid injury, it is important to keep some useful stuff ready to handle any situation. Here’s the list.
- Alcohol Swab
- Cotton Gauge
- Wound Bandage
- Antiseptic lotion or cream
- Sterile Gloves
- Hand Towel
- Adhesive Tape
- Plaster Bandage
- First-aid booklet
- Sterile eye wash lotion
- Crepe Bandage
- Pain killer
Always keep this kit somewhere readily approachable, such as near the driver’s seat or a separate box, so that you can easily find it when required. We wish moving to a new home to be a delightful experience for all, but just in case you face an odd situation, keep these things ready.