When people think of moving, an image of boxes upon boxes comes to mind. But moving requires more than just cardboard boxes. You need to get appropriate supplies that can help you store breakable items, heavy items, and files securely. In the section below, we’ll take a look at some of the moving supplies you need to have:
- Dish boxes – minimize the risk of breakage by using dish boxes in your move. Unlike an ordinary box, it comes with dish slots and glassware slots on the inside. It holds the items securely during transportation.
- Bubble roll – wrap it around fragile items for added protection. For example, you should wrap electronics, vases, and other breakable items with bubble roll.
- Book boxes – this type of box is ideal for storing heavier items such as books, kitchen appliances, and canned goods. They are made of stronger cardboard and usually have cut-outs at the sides, which lets you carry the box conveniently.
- TV boxes – they mimic the way your TV was packaged when you first bought it. TV boxes are secured on the sides and it stops large breakable items from sliding around.
- Plastic covers – cover your your duvets, mattresses, and bed sheets with plastic. This prevents dirt from getting to the fabric.
- Lamp boxes – it’s called lamp boxes but it can actually be used for a variety of items that won’t fit a traditional square box. These are used for golf clubs, telescopes, and lamps. It has a thick base for additional protection.
- Shoe boxes – yes, they should be used for shoes. You can find the plastic shoe box in most retail outlets. It is best for shoes with heels and figurines you might have collected over the years. General knick-knacks can be stored on the shoe box.
- Wardrobe boxes – buying these can be expensive if you have a lot of clothes. But it lets you keep clothes on their hangers which prevent wrinkling. For those who don’t want to iron after moving, this can provide a good option.
Always be careful in packing your items. If you hire a mover, make sure to tell them which boxes contain fragile items. At MovingQuotes.org, we have an extensive database of movers with a solid history of handling your moving items with care. Ask for a quote today.